This page was last updated by Annika
on 18 April 2023.
Must-knows about camping in Switzerland
- Wild camping in Switzerland is only allowed in specific areas and under strict conditions.
- On many Swiss campsites, you can either use your own tent or caravan, or you can rent accommodation such as a bungalow.
- Book well in advance. Popular Swiss campsites can get fully booked, especially in summer.
- You’re not allowed to spend the night in your campervan wherever you want. There are designated campervan sites.
- Driving with a caravan or camper on Swiss mountain roads requires special skills.
Practical tips about camping in Switzerland
Camping in Switzerland is only allowed at designated sites. Reserve your spot in advance. Carefully select your location and always …
These campsites in Switzerland allow you to rent (luxury) tents, caravans, cabins, studios or apartments.
Wild camping in Switzerland is allowed in a few areas only, excluding all valleys, inhabited areas, and natural reserves. Learn …
Driving on Swiss mountain roads with a caravan or camper is challenging, and in some places impossible. Learn which rules …
We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.
Get a free account for a worry-free trip
- Join our 9580 members and ask us questions in the forum
- Access to member-only promotions
- Detailed maps and weather forecasts
Don’t miss our tips and new promotions
Subscribe to our newsletter. You’ll receive practical tips and be alerted when there are new promotions.
Page author: AnnikaSince early childhood I've been visiting Switzerland during my holidays and I just fell in love with the country. I spent many summers in the Bernese Oberland, which still feels like my second home, and then started to explore other areas. Traveling, hiking and photographing in the Swiss Alps are my absolute favorite activities.