1 day trip to Wengen or Lauterbrunnen from Lucerne

• Prasun09
    Participant
    65 posts
    3 October 2015 at 12:03:41 #808005

Hi guys I’m staying in lucerne from 17th nov to 19th nov. I was thinking about visiting wengen to see the tunnel waterfall. I have heard the weather is very cold during nov. Is it a good idea to go early in the morning to lauterbrunen/ wengen and come back to lucerne by 7-8 pm in night.

Arno/annika I want to know is there any other mountain valley which I can visit near lucerne which has a good beauty as lauterbrunen.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    4 October 2015 at 13:24:48 #846396

Hi Prasun09,

Are you referring to the Trümmelbach Falls near Lauterbrunnen? If so: they close early November, so you can’t visit them during your stay. There are alternatives though, so if you’re curious about this region you can certainly make a day trip from Lucerne. I’d advise to make a nice scenic train/cable car trip if weather is good, e.g. to Mürren-Schilthorn or a round trip Lauterbrunnen-Wengen-Kleine Scheidegg (may be up to the Jungfraujoch)-Grindelwald.

Yes, you’ll find pretty valleys near Lucerne too, although not many of them offer such a wide range of activities as the Lauterbrunnen valley does. The valley of Engelberg (valley station for the Titlis) is beautiful, and so is the so-called Melchtal. Note that you’ll be traveling in low season, so whatever plans you have, it’s wise to check schedules and make sure the trains and cable cars you’re interested in are running.

Prasun09
    Participant
    65 posts
    5 October 2015 at 5:38:41 #846397

Hi I annika

I don’t see any train from lucerne to murren or lauterbrunen. Only trains from lucerne to interlaken ost is available. What should I do in order to visit lauterbrunen. I just want to go to lauterbrunen , walk around and come back. Is there any other option from interlaken to lauterbrunen???

second where can I get info regarding cable car, if they are working or not?

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 October 2015 at 5:54:25 #846398

Hi Prason09,

All train are in the timetable. You have to change trains in Interlaken to reach lauterbrunnen. Cable cars are in the timetable as well, or you can visit the website of the cable car. Links are on our attraction pages, like the ones Annika linked to.

• The thread ‘1 day trip to Wengen or Lauterbrunnen from Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.