2 day trip worth a 3 day Swiss Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2016 at 10:51:56 #809020

Hello, my husband and I are traveling throughout Europe for our honeymoon and Switzerland is our first stop. We’ve got our trip planned, now we just need to figure out the best way to pay for travel, individual tickets vs. 3 day Swiss Travel Pass (Each of these trips is for two adults, 2nd class.)

DAY 1: Train from Zurich Airport to Luzern. (Hopefully an express train.) Then bus ride from Luzern train station to the base of Mt. Pilatus. Gondola ride up, with stop 1/2 way up for toboggan ride if it is open. Cog wheel train down. Boat ride back to Luzern. Followed by sightseeing in Luzern for the evening.

Day 2: Train from Luzern to Basel, no rush. Sightseeing in Basel, including the Paper Mill, which I believe is free with the Swiss Travel Pass. (What else is included? I couldn’t find a comprehensive list.)

That will conclude our Swiss travel, as we are departing by chartered boat. Thank you in advance for your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 April 2016 at 16:10:23 #851272

Hi Countsteph,

Thanks for your first post here. Congratulations on your marriage!

A 3-day Swiss Travel Pass could certainly work for a 2-day trip, but in your case I don’t think it’s worth it. Your trips are relatively short and you’ve only planned one trip into the mountains (these are the most expensive ones). My guess would be that either a Swiss Half Fare Card or regular tickets work fine for you. In order to be sure, you can compare the options as explained here.

In order to find what’s included in a rail pass, just go to the pass page (e.g. Swiss Travel Pass page or the Swiss Half Fare Card page I already linked to) and browse all tabs for the details.

• The thread ‘2 day trip worth a 3 day Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.