2 nights in Zurich, where to stay?

• TerriMelb
    Participant
    20 posts
    5 March 2023 at 8:12:23 #829230

We will be travelling in Switzerland for 10 days before the long journey back to Australia. (about 28 hours). We have 2 nights (1.5 days) in Zurich and want to just relax. Ideally we would get a tram or train to the airport. I don’t feel the need to stay right in the city centre and am wondering if anyone can suggest an area or even a hotel somewhere with good transport access to the airport where we might get a little more room space for our money and can guarantee a good nights sleep while still being able to get out and see a little of Zurich.

Thanks for your assistance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Yolanda
    2373 posts
    5 March 2023 at 13:50:05 #951701

Hello TerriMelb,

Zurich airport is actually very convenient. You can easily reach Zurich main station (Zurich HB) in 10 mins by train, so you could actually base yourself at the airport and commute in. Here are some links to hotels in Zurich and its surrounds, and also hotels in the Zurich airport vicinity.

I am unsure of your plans whilst in Zurich, in case you need some ideas: https://www.myswissalps.com/zurich/activities

I hope this helps, feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

• The thread ‘2 nights in Zurich, where to stay?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.