5 day holiday in switzerland itenerary suggestions

5 day holiday in switzerland itenerary suggestions

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
nooreen85
nooreen85
1 post
Apr 18, 2012 - 5:05 AM
Hi,
We are leaving for our 5 day holiday trip to switzerland tomorrow morning. We are flying to zurich and staying in zurich for 2 nights and then will be travelling to interlaken and staying there for 2 nights. We have bought swiss flexi pass for 4 days.
We are thinking of going around zurich on the first day,then going to luzern on the second day.Third day and fourth day near interlaken and 5th day will be in geneva,as we need to catch a flight back from there.
We would like to see the most scenic places around these locations or any other,as per suggestions.We would love to go all the way up to the jungfrau but the travelling expense seem to be too high.
We wouldnt like to spend more money on travelling ideally,but if something's really worth seeing,then will definitely consider.
What could be the most ideal itenerary for us for these days?
And what the places that are a must see in the places that I have listed above.
Moreover, are the free musuems worth a visit?Me and my partner are not very interested in arts or history.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Apr 19, 2012 - 4:03 PM
Hello nooreen85. Well, I guess you're in Switzerland by now! I hope you enjoyed your first day. As for your questions on an itinerary: browsing this forum will provide you with tips on the Lucerne region. The Bernese Oberland day trip overview is helpful for planning your days in and near Interlaken. There are more economical alternatives to the Jungfrau indeed. Brilliant views can also be seen at the Schilthorn (from Mürren/Stechelberg) or Kleine Scheidegg. The online timetable may be of help too.

There are lots of different museums. Personally, I like the Traffic Museum and Glacier Garden in Lucerne and the National Museum in Zurich.

Have a wonderful stay!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016