Any hotels in Wengen with less uphill walks?

• Lbonifa104
    Participant
    31 posts
    31 January 2023 at 13:01:12 #828990

Hi,

We’ll be in Switzerland thing coming May. Our first home base is Wengen. I would like to know if there are any hotels with less uphill walks to get there from the station.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Maria Bonifacio

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    31 January 2023 at 18:26:32 #950411

Hi Maria Bonifacio,

Although Wengen is located at a high altitude, this mountain village is fairly small and flat and there are plenty of accommodation near the train station which requires no uphill walking.

You can find some options here: http://www.myswissalps.com/wengen/hotels

Regards,

Anna

Lbonifa104
    Participant
    31 posts
    31 January 2023 at 18:44:15 #950412

Hi Anna,

Thanks so much for answering my question. I will check this out and hopefully I can find one.

Best,

Maria Bonifacio

kim11
    Participant
    606 posts
    31 January 2023 at 23:16:27 #950413

There are a number of hotels right in the village. In no particular order:

Schönegg

Silberhorn

Bernerhof

Alpine Hotel

Arenas Victoria Lauberhorn

pvonk
    Participant
    385 posts
    31 January 2023 at 23:23:52 #950414

And, when you arrive at the train station, there’s a board of phones that let you call hotels to arrange a pickup from the station to the hotel. When I was last there, I contacted the hotel via the web IIRC and arranged pickup ahead of time. For me, that was the Wengener Hoff hotel. It was a little further away from the train station so that was very helpful. I’m guessing that hotels close to the station don’t provide such service, but check details at the website for any hotel you are interested in.

pkerr
    Participant
    265 posts
    1 February 2023 at 0:20:51 #950415

My .02

We stayed at the Maya Caprice Boutique Hotel. Just about 35-40 meters past the train station. A very easy walk and a great location with terrific views. I know others have their favorites in that same area. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of those there right around the station.

• The thread ‘Any hotels in Wengen with less uphill walks?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.