Best cruises – Lakes Zurich,Thun,Brienz&Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2016 at 15:38:41 #809324

Hello

i will be visiting Interlaken, Lucern and Zurich for two days each. Is it worthwhile to do a cruise in each city? Which cruise is recommended for interlaken – on Lake Thun or Brienz? Is there a cruise which will take me to Bern (where I could do some sightseeing for 3-4 hours) and then get back to Interlaken?

I understand that on Swiss Travel Pass these cruises are free and on Half Fare Pass these are at 50%. Can someone help me with the regular price for these cruises? And also the timings for them. Thanks,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    1 June 2016 at 16:16:03 #852520

Hi meghaswiss,

All details plus links to timetables and fares can be found on our boat trip pages: http://www.myswissalps.com/ac tivities/scenictrips/b oat.

There is no boat all the way from Interlaken to Bern. You can take the boat to Thun, then the train to Bern.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    1 June 2016 at 17:15:44 #852521

Hi Meghaswiss-

<<“Interlaken, Lucern and Zurich for two days each. Is it worthwhile to do a cruise in each city?”>>

Of the cruises that you mention, I personally prefer Lake Lucerne for its size and variety of scenery.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Best cruises – Lakes Zurich,Thun,Brienz&Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.