Best value rail pass for 4 days in Morschach

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 October 2016 at 10:44:27 #810190

Hello, I have booked a 4 day trip to Switzerland as a surprise for my Husband for his birthday. We land in Zurich early on Nov 3rd, we are staying in Morschach, we will explore the area around Lucern. Do all rail passes include transfer from and back to the airport ? Could you please advise me on the best value pass.

Many thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 October 2016 at 12:38:36 #856402

Hi Leiza, thanks for joining MySwissAlps.com!

A trip to Switzerland is a really wonderful birthday present! There are various passes. Some include free unlimited traveling, others offer discounted traveling. Some include the transfer from the airport, others do not. There are 3 passes you may want to look into. All the pass pages have a detailed map you can download, to see what’s included:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 October 2016 at 12:57:53 #856403

Hi Arno, thank you for the info. I think as we will be exploring the Lucern area the Tell pass make the most sense. But could you just verify if this makes sense… We buy a ticket for a train from the airport to one of the towns on the edge of the Tell pass map and from there all travel is free ??

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 October 2016 at 14:44:20 #856404

Hi Leiza,

Yes, that makes sense. In this case you’ll buy a ticket to Baar, which is where validity of the Tell-Pass starts. You can just stay seated there by the way.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 October 2016 at 15:47:46 #856405

Fantastic, that is really helpful. Thank you That is what we will do.

Many thanks 🙂

• The thread ‘Best value rail pass for 4 days in Morschach’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.