budget shopping

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2015 at 3:22:00 #807109

Hello

I will be visiting swiss for an 8 day stay. I have a perfect itenary designed by my agent and I’m quite happy with it. Feeling super excited!

I’m planning to cook my dinner everday

1. I am in search of grocery shop. I’ve heard about coop and migros. Are there any other outlets nearby?

2. I’m also planning to buy some trinkets and mementos for dozens of friends. Any famous street shopping?.

3. My itenary suggests me a partial glacier express journey ( only from chur to brig) .Am I gonna miss half fun!??

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    21 April 2015 at 7:20:23 #842629

[quote]shakthi said:

<<“Hello

I will be visiting swiss for an 8 day stay. I have a perfect itenary designed by my agent and I’m quite happy with it. Feeling super excited!

I’m planning to cook my dinner everday

1. I am in search of grocery shop. I’ve heard about coop and migros. Are there any other outlets nearby?”>>

Nearby what?

We rely on COOP and Migros ( plus Denner, now part of Migros) for groceries, and what the Germans call “Lebensmittel.” You will find limited selections at most train station stores ( Kiosk, Apero, etc.) .

<<“2. I’m also planning to buy some trinkets and mementos for dozens of friends. Any famous street shopping?.”>>

What is your itinerary? Most places of tourist interest have souvenir shops.However, if you don’t visit Luzern, a suggestion for Luzern would be of little use. 😉

<<“I have a perfect itenary designed by my agent and I’m quite happy with it. ……………………………………..3. My itenary suggests me a partial glacier express journey ( only from chur to brig) .Am I gonna miss half fun!??”>>

That is the best part of the trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2015 at 11:57:33 #842630

Thanks Annika.

Since I am travelling with an aged person in our family, I like to carry some food items in my check in baggage. What food items are restricted?

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    22 April 2015 at 7:23:31 #842631

<<“some food items in my check in baggage. What food items are restricted? “>>

Sorry Shakthi, I don’t understand your question.

Restricted by whom?

Perhaps this will help, if you are concerned with Swiss Customs/Border Protection:

switzerland.visahq.com/ customs/

However, in case you need specialized food items,in Zürich, at a minimum, as well as in other larger Swiss cities, there are stores and restaurants that specialize in the foods of certain regions of the globe or for vegetarians.

zuerich.com/en/ visit/vegan-restaurants

vegan.ch/unsere-ziele/welcome-to-vegan-switzerland/

Most all tourist information centers , especially those in the main train stations of major cities, can guide you, as well.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2015 at 9:03:13 #842632

Thanks a ton😊

• The thread ‘budget shopping’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.