Cheapest single ticket from Aarau to Italy any

Cheapest single ticket from Aarau to Italy any

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
shuixian2010
shuixian2010
1 post
Oct 17, 2010 - 6:19 PM
I did not know about the country passes before and bought one day multi-trip from geneva to bern for about 90 Sfr two days ago :(
May anyone tell me how to get the cheapest single ticket from Aarau to any part of Italy so that I can use my Italy pass? I have got 4 days Italy traveling plan.
By the way, i am a Chinese girl studing in London. Am i qulified for the cheap tickets or rail passes? I am born in July 1984, so i assume that i am still regarded as youth :-)
All the best to the person who will kindly help me out!
Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Oct 18, 2010 - 9:20 AM
Hello shuixian, and welcome to the forum! If the trips from Geneva to Bern, and then from Aarau to the Swiss-Italian border, are the only train trips you'll be making in Switzerland, you're best off with regular tickets instead of a Swiss rail pass. A single journey from Geneva to Bern normally costs CHF 46.00 (per person and in 2nd class), so maybe you purchased a return ticket? The trip from Aarau to Domodossola (at the Swiss-Italian border) costs CHF 76.00. This is too small of an amount to justify the purchase of a Swiss rail pass. You can simply get a regular ticket from Aarau to Domodossola (this can be purchased right before boarding at the railway station of Aarau) and that's it. So you don't have to feel sorry about the ticket Geneva-Bern that you already purchased.

Only if you want to make other journeys during your stay in Switzerland, a Swiss rail pass may be worth your money. In that case, you could consider a Swiss Half Fare Card. Whether this is a good solution in your case, should be calculated based on your exact travel plans. Instructions for this can be found in our rail FAQ.

Unfortunately, you don't qualify for youth discounts on either regular train tickets or on a Swiss Half Fare Card. Youth discounts in these cases only apply to those up to and including 15 years old. The maximum age for the Swiss Youth Pass is 25.
Kind regards,
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:35 PM by Arno

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016