Christmas holiday 2015: are trains running?

Christmas holiday 2015: are trains running?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
NYCOval
NYCOval
4 posts
Sep 16, 2015 - 4:43 PM

I'm from US. It turned out that my family can take vacation from work only during the Christmass holidays starting from Dec 24 and on. We ( my husband and I and our 10 years old son) are first timers to Swiss Alps. I'm working on 8 days itinenary for us currently using the MySwissApls resources. I have a question: Do the trains run on Dec 25th - a Christmas day? In particular, would the Golden Pass route train run on Dec 25th from Lucerne to Interlaken? I checked the Golden Pass time table and I didn't see any mention about Holidays' schedule. Can I assume that the trains are running on Dec 25th and Jan 1st as they do on normal days? Would not we be stuck in Zurich or Lucerne becuase of trains not running on Holidays?

I

Arno
Arno
7719 posts
expert &
Sep 17, 2015 - 10:32 AM

Hi NYCOval,

All trains run 365 days per year. The schedule might be a bit different on weekdays versus Sundays and public holidays, but it won't be a problem to get around. The timetable does not show schedules for Christmas yet, but if you will out any Sunday you'll get a pretty good idea of the options.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016