Connection From BrocFabrique to Maison CaillerChoc

Connection From BrocFabrique to Maison CaillerChoc

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
ShJohn
ShJohn
4 posts
Apr 14, 2014 - 7:41 AM

Hi,

I want to travel by train (using Swiss Saver Pass)to Maison Cailler Chocolate Factory from Montreux. I plan to take a Swiss Saver Pass for my family with kids.

1. I understand that I have to get off the train at Broc Fabrique station. After reaching Broc Fabrique station how do I reach the Maison Cailler Chocolate Factory? Is there a bus/tram? If so what would the timings be?

2. I plan to visit the Maison Cailler Chocolate Factory first, have lunch at Gruyers village and then visit the cheese factory as I want to witness the cheese making. Is this recommended?

3. As per the train schedule I have to change trains at least twice (at Montbovon and Broc Fabrique) to reach Gruyeres from Montreux. Would the train platforms be nearby so that I do not miss the connectivity?

Pls let me know.

Thanks,

Shilpa John

Annika
Annika
4355 posts
expert &
Apr 15, 2014 - 5:45 AM in reply to ShJohn

Hi Shilpa,

1. The station is 2 minutes on foot from the factory.

2. Sure, you can do things in any order you prefer. The rail station of Gruyères is opposite the cheese factory. The town is about 15 minutes on foot.

3. Usually it is one change in Montbovon to get from Gruyères to Montreux. You can check the timetable for your date and time. Any change recommended by the timetable is doable as long as trains run on time, which is mostly the case.

Have a lovely day!

ShJohn
ShJohn
4 posts
Apr 15, 2014 - 8:15 AM in reply to Annika

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Shilpa

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016