Dining in Zermatt: Klein Matterhorn or Sunnegga?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2017 at 12:16:09 #810964

Hi,

I would like to know which has better restaurants (good view and quality of food): Klein Matterhorn or Sunnegga?

How much would you say is the average price per person, per meal in those restaurants? CHF 30 maybe?

That said, is it more cheaper to eat in the mountain restaurants or in Zermatt village?

We’re not really picky eaters, the most important to us is the price, the cheaper the better (but of course the food should at least be decent 🙂 )

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2017 at 16:23:59 #859607

Hi Luthienbabe,

I have been to a restaurant on Sunnegga (near the chair lift) and the food was fairly basic, German food in a cafeteria style (great views of the Matterhorn though). I can’t say about other restaurants on the mountain but some are world-famous and will be priced accordingly.

Most dishes will start around 25chf to 30chf at restaurants in Zermatt (and Switzerland really) except the cafeteria style restaurants frequented by skiers that tend to be a little cheaper. I would be tempted to say most restaurant’s views of the Matterhorn will be limited unless you are there in the summer and able to go on a patio? Here is a link for eating and dining in Zermatt that could be of help.

Regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2017 at 6:06:24 #859608

Thanks Lucas!

• The thread ‘Dining in Zermatt: Klein Matterhorn or Sunnegga?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.