Does price to Jungfrau change in summer?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 December 2016 at 11:07:04 #810407

Hi,

I am planning to go to Switzerland from 28th June to 1st July 2017, and from my reading it is the beginning of the summer at Switzerland.

I have checked the price to go to Jungfrau from Interlaken west using swissrailway page. And with Swiss travel pass, from my calculation, after discount, I need to add around CHF123 (return) from grindelwald/ lauterbrunnen to jungfrau.

However I was informed by a Facebook member that the price to go to Jungfrau will be different compared to what I check from the swissrailways page at the time being because now is December. He said it is more expensive during summer compared to winter season. Can anyone from your team please help me to confirm this? Thank you for your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 December 2016 at 13:43:11 #857293

Hi khairin,

There will be a slight increase of about 3% on nearly all tickets and passes in Switzerland as of January 1. But the price to Jungfraujoch does not change throughout the year. Summer and winter are both pretty expensive 😉

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 December 2016 at 15:54:24 #857294

Thank you for your reply ☺

• The thread ‘Does price to Jungfrau change in summer?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.