Flight Options and Possible Usage of Day in Murren

• msra7hm2
    Participant
    63 posts
    25 June 2015 at 7:45:45 #807450

Hi

I have 2 possible options of reaching Zurich Airport on October 1:

A) Arrival at 11:10 am, then go to Murren (100 CHF expensive)

B) Arrival at 14:30 pm, then go to Murren (Cheaper).

Which one should I choose considering the possible usage of the day in Murren? Would I be able to do anything that day in Murren?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    26 June 2015 at 1:20:31 #843981

<<” Would I be able to do anything that day in Murren? “>>

Yes.

Will you be jet-lagged?

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 June 2015 at 8:17:40 #843982

It’s more than 3 hours of traveling from Zurich airport to Mürren. With the earlier arrival you could probably still do a trip to the Schilthorn, if the weather allows (usually earlier in the day is better, but that’s just an average). Basically smaller Swiss towns will be quiet after about 6 PM. Shops and attractions will be closed. The last descent of the Schilthorn cable car is also around 6 PM.

• The thread ‘Flight Options and Possible Usage of Day in Murren’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.