From Chamonx to Switzerland

From Chamonx to Switzerland

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Yumalation
Yumalation
8 posts
Jun 21, 2013 - 6:42 PM
I'm travelling by train from France through Chamonix to Switzerland in July.

My first question is not entirely about Swiss rail, but has anyone got idea, how much costs the ticket between St. Gervais-Le Fayet and Martigny? I can find the price from Vallorcine..

My route in Switzerland will be Martigny-Murren-Geneva. I'm planning to buy Berner Oberland ticket. Is it ok if I buy ticket from Martigny to Brig, then I use Bernese Oberland ticket and when leaving to Geneva airport (from Murren) I buy a ticket from Bern onwards?

Thanks in advance
Annika
Annika
4355 posts
expert &
Jun 23, 2013 - 9:39 AM
Hi Yumalation! Fares from St. Gervais to Martigny can be found through the website of the French railways. And yes, you can buy additional tickets Martigny-Brig and Bern-Geneva. The remaining legs to and from Mürren will be for free with a valid Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland.
Yumalation
Yumalation
8 posts
Jul 10, 2013 - 5:20 AM
Thank you for your answer. I bought ticket from Le Chatelard to the Bernese Oberland Pass area. Only one week to go, can't hardly wait!

Unfortunately SNCF timetable does not show trains from Chamonix to Le Chatelard. It is TMR that runs that part and temporarily by bus. Looks like the tickets to that part have to be bought in Chamonix. SBB/CFF website beats the french one by far.
Annika
Annika
4355 posts
expert &
Jul 12, 2013 - 12:33 PM
You're right Yumalation, the SBB timetable depends on information of foreign train services in order to display prices or sell tickets for bordering countries. It won't be a problem to get your tickets at a railway station though. Have a wonderful stay in Switzerland!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016