Geneva on the 1st of May

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2012 at 7:13:39 #805088

Hello everyone!
    I’m going to visit Geneva on the 1st of May and besides sights seeing spend some time shopping. First of all, I’d like to visit watch shops.
    1. What place/street/shop is most suitable for choosing swiss watch? (I’m expecting to find watch shops on famous rue du Rhone and rue Marche but it’s nothing more than a suggestion)
    2. Will such shops be working on the 1st of May? What other limitations will I face on the 1st of May?
    3. I heard of free bicycle rent service in Geneva. Is it really so? Where can they be rented?
    Thanks a lot in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    2 April 2012 at 11:10:47 #835471

Hi DarkAngel! I don’t have personal experience with specific festivities or closures on May 1. As far as I know, this Labor Day is celebrated in a few cantons only (not in Geneva). So I don’t expect limitations, but you could ask Geneva Tourism to be sure. This shop overview may be of help too. Just enter ‘watches/jewelry’ for an extensive list of shops. Free bicycle renting is available indeed (op to 4 hours a day).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2012 at 14:52:07 #835472

Hi Annika!
    Thanks a lot for the links – they’re very useful!

• The thread ‘Geneva on the 1st of May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.