Getting from Zermatt to Klein Matterhorn Apr 2nd

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2016 at 21:32:10 #808647

Hi. I’ve read your post about how to take the Gondola from Zermatt to Furi, and then a cable car to Trockener Steg and then another cable car to Klein Matterhorn. (http://www.myswissalps .com/kleinmatterhorn/g ettingthere). I will be in Zermatt on Saturday the second of April. when I search for tickets and times on the SBB website, I’m told there is only one route available per day, around 4 pm. Am I searching wrong? I’ve tried to search the individual connections as well. Thanks for any help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 March 2016 at 5:40:19 #849504

Hi, I was also having the same problem. I plan my trip on 26.06.16. I will be reaching Zermatt by 12 noon. The only gondola ride up in afternoon is 3:38 pm from Zermatt ZBAG-Iz which reaches Klein Matterhorn at 4:13 pm. On the way back it is starting at 4:05 pm and reaching at 4:40. I am also confused what mistake I am making while searching on SBB application. – Vishal Udawat

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 March 2016 at 6:21:33 #849505

Hi Wendella and Vishal,

I think there’s something wrong with the timetable. The cable cars operate all day long. A schedule can be found through the link under “More on other websites” on the page mentioned by Wendella.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 March 2016 at 11:11:01 #849506

Thanks. Do you think I should try to buy tickets online even though the times are wrong, or just wait until I get there? If wait, where would I get tickets in zermatt?

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 March 2016 at 11:31:38 #849507

Tickets can be purchased on the spot before you board. If you buy online, the ticket will either be flexible or for one specific day, but not time limited. In either case it will be fine.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 March 2016 at 15:58:02 #849508

The cable car (4 – 6 seats in a cabin) to Trockener Steg goes since a few years directly to Trockener Steg. So you do not have to change at Fury station. Then you change there to the big cabin, which takes about 150 standing people. Perhaps you should wait a while, until 300 – 400 people in front of you will take the next coming cabin.

• The thread ‘Getting from Zermatt to Klein Matterhorn Apr 2nd’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.