Glacier Paradise and Klein Matterhorn in 1.5 days?

Glacier Paradise and Klein Matterhorn in 1.5 days?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
jojofiorito
jojofiorito
6 posts
Jul 25, 2015 - 6:25 PM

I would love to visit both sites, not sure if we have enough time? We arrive 11 am in Zermatt on Day 1 and leave at 3pm on Day 2

I found some instructions on how to get to Klein Matterhorn:

From Zermatt station follow signs to Gondola station to Furi

Furi - get on cable car to TrockenSteg - get on another cable car to Klein Matterhorn

Is this right? My husband and his brother can't walk very much - I am hoping that there isn't too much walking to get to Klein Matterhorn. Once there - other than taking in the beauty - what else is there to do? How much time should we plan to spend there?

Now - getting to Gornergrat - I couldn't find too many clear instructions other than taking the cogwheel from Zermatt - is this close to the Zermatt train station? I understand that there are 4 station stops along the way - do you get off and on to visit the areas?

Thanks for you help in advance!

Annika
Annika
4415 posts
expert &
Jul 26, 2015 - 1:00 PM

Hi jojofiorito!

You should be able to visit both in 1,5 days. Did you find our Klein Matterhorn and Gornergrat pages? The 'route' sections explain how to get to the valley stations and describe the way to the top. It's about 20 minutes of easy walking to the valley station of Klein Matterhorn, but if some of your company aren't able to walk that much, you can also get on one of the electric buses as described at our Zermatt page. The railway station of the Gornergrat is indeed right across the street from the main station.

The Gornergrat and Klein Matterhorn pages I linked to also mention activities. You can get on and off at midway stations to enjoy the views or take short hikes, that's no problem. I'd say that each visit takes about half a day if you take it easy. Of course you can expand this duration by making (long) stops along the way.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016