Golden Pass train + chocolate and cheese trips

Golden Pass train + chocolate and cheese trips

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
rshah1
rshah1
66 posts
Feb 17, 2017 - 5:39 AM

I want to travel on golden pass train from Interlaken to Montreaux, on way I want to swiss cheese factory, choc train and vineyards.

I have swiss travel pass. how do i arrange this trip. Travel is in june

Thx

Rika

Lucas
Lucas
2441 posts
top member &
Feb 17, 2017 - 5:27 PM in reply to rshah1

Hi Rika,

You will need to do these trips separately unless you take a tour. You will see some vineyards from the Golden Pass train. I would then, the next day, take a trip on the chocolate train and/or the cheese train.

If you would like a tour and do all in one day check out this tour here that covers everything you are looking for.

Regards,
Lucas

Last modified on Feb 17, 2017 - 6:09 PM by Arno
Arno
Arno
9348 posts
expert &
Feb 17, 2017 - 6:10 PM in reply to rshah1

If you want to take your time for the vineyards then consider a walk like this one: myswissalps.com/hiking /lutry-epesses.

rshah1
rshah1
66 posts
Feb 18, 2017 - 11:41 AM in reply to Arno

this was helpful. since I want to both trips of cheese & vineyards is it better to stay in Montreaux or Geneva? Also i will be visiting Bern from Grimewald, should i come down that route to GENEVA from Bern. I have swiss travel pass. Please suggest best route & place to stay

Thx

Rika

Annika
Annika
4859 posts
expert &
Feb 18, 2017 - 3:57 PM

Hi Rika,

You'd best consult the timetable to find such information. Montreux is closer to the vineyards, and it's starting point for both the Chocolate Train as well as the Golden Pass train.

I'm not sure if I understand your question about visiting Bern from Grindelwald (I assume that's what you mean with Grimewald?). You can either visit Bern on the way between Montreux/Geneva and Grindelwald (in that case you won't be using the Golden Pass line) or as a separate day trip from Grindelwald. The timetable I mentioned provides all details.

I hope this helps!

rshah1
rshah1
66 posts
Feb 21, 2017 - 2:43 PM in reply to Arno

hi

I am staying in Montreaux for 3 nights, so to visit the vineyards how long will it take for the train ride from Montreaux? Time table is a bit confusing. Also can I add Cruise trip on Lk Geneva on same day?

thx

RIKA

Lucas
Lucas
2441 posts
top member &
Feb 21, 2017 - 8:33 PM in reply to rshah1

Hi Rika,

Which vineyards are you referring to? We have information here about Lavaux vineyards if that is what you are looking for.

Regards,
Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017