Swiss Half Fare Card in Zurich and to Jungfraujoch

Swiss Half Fare Card in Zurich and to Jungfraujoch

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
ad2903
ad2903
4 posts
Feb 25, 2016 - 3:39 PM

Hi

Just a quick question, I am visiting zurich for 3 days at beginning of March, is it worth getting the half fare card as I am planning to go jungfraujoch. Also will be using public transport around zurich. Can you tell me if the transport around zurich (trams, etc ) is covered by the pass.

Thanks

Arno
Arno
7722 posts
expert &
Feb 25, 2016 - 4:11 PM

Hi ad2903, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

With a Swiss Half Fare Card you will for sure save money, especially on the Jungfraujoch trip (which requires a lot of traveling time from Zurich by the way). You also get a discount on local tram/bus/boat tickets. Please see here for what's included.

You can print the Swiss Half Fare Card at home by going to www.swissrailways.com/ en and selecting "Online Ticket" once delivery options are displayed.

ad2903
ad2903
4 posts
Feb 25, 2016 - 4:30 PM

I think I have it sorted for jungfraujoch. I'm planning to go to grindlewald then take train from there. So I can buy tickets for trains at the station and just show the half fare card when I purchase. Also is this the same with local transport in Zurich

thanks

Last modified on Feb 25, 2016 - 4:31 PM by ad2903
Arno
Arno
7722 posts
expert &
Feb 25, 2016 - 4:47 PM

You can buy a discounted ticket from Zurich to Jungfraujoch in Zurich. There's no need for a separate ticket from Grindelwald. Just tell them you want one way (e.g. up) via Grindelwald and the other way (e.g. down) via Lauterbrunnen. That allows you to see the whole Jungfrau region.

ad2903
ad2903
4 posts
Feb 25, 2016 - 5:19 PM

That's great. Thank you for clarifying this. Also with local transport in Zurich. Is it possible to get day passes and they would be valid on all public transport.

Arno
Arno
7722 posts
expert &
Feb 25, 2016 - 7:56 PM in reply to ad2903

Yes, you can buy discounted day pass for Zurich. They're valid for all modes of transport, even boats.

ad2903
ad2903
4 posts
Feb 25, 2016 - 9:57 PM

That's great thank you for your help

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016