Half Fare Card at Zurich Station

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2015 at 13:49:51 #807717

Hi

I intended to buy the half fare pass online but could not, and now my travel date is very close. I would be reaching Zurich by bus from Munich on 11th morning. So would I be able to purchase this at the station? Hope there is no limit or anything? Would I be able to start using it immediately? And would it cost CHF 120 or any additional charges?

Also,I’m in munich till 11th. Is there a raileurope outlet/office where I can buy this directly? I would prefer to have it with me before I reach Switzerland.

Many Thanks

Vidhu

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 August 2015 at 16:59:42 #845143

Hi Vidhu,

You can purchase the Swiss Half Fare Card for CHF 120 at the rail station in Zurich. That’s more expensive than online (see here); sorry to hear you could not order it earlier. There are no additional charges and you can start using it immediately. Go to a staffed ticket desk as they’re not available from the machines. I don’t know any options in Munich. A specialized travel agency may sell them, but I don’t know any.

Have a great trip!

kim11
    Participant
    606 posts
    7 August 2015 at 23:38:19 #845144

See http://www.swisstravelsystem.com/ en/support-en/sales-outlets.html for a listing of sales outlets in Germany. It seems to imply that any DB (Deutsche Bahn) travel agency sells them. You might try going to the DB agency at main train station in Munich and ask

• The thread ‘Half Fare Card at Zurich Station’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.