Dear All

A Quick Question / Answer

5 Nights at Swiss , Lucerne

A) Travel From Lucerne to Mt Jung

b) Travel From lucerne to Mt Titlis

c) Travel To Mt Pilatus

d) Travel with Golden Pass Line to Montreux from Luzern and Back

e) Travelling in Lucerne for City Sightseeings

f) Travel From Lucerne to Zurich by Eurail to catch train to Venice.

For these Travelling for 4-5 Days which pass is money saver for me ? Swiss Half Fare Card or Swiss Travel Pass ? for 2 Adults + 2 Kids ?

Another question after buying any of these 2 card how should i book all these tickets?

Please Advise.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2017 at 9:03:07 #861686

Hi Ankur,

Based on the amount of trains you are taking it would probably be best (and the simplest) to buy a 4 day Swiss Travel Pass (one per adult) and then the free Swiss Family Card for the kids (6 to 15, under 5 are free always). Use it on either the first 4 days or last 4 days of your trip – whichever is most expensive. You do not need to go back to Zurich to travel to Venice.

If you do buy the Swiss Travel Pass, you can buy it online here, and then no need for any other tickets to purchase, with the exception for the trip to Jungfraujoch from Grindelwald (or Wengen) with 25% discount and the cable car from Engelberg to Mount Titlis which is 50% off.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2017 at 9:38:09 #861687

Thanks Lucas for your help.

1. But i believe i need to travel to Zurich to travel to venice for a better connection or should i take train from Lucerne to Venice?

Thanks

Ankur Nangia

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2017 at 9:57:17 #861688

It isn’t a problem catching a train to Venice from Luzern if you want. The trip from Luzern is 6.5 hours (2 train changes) and the trip from Zurich is 7 hours (1 train change) . You can find all schedules for trains here.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Half Fare Card or Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.