Half Fare Pass

Half Fare Pass

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
lfras
lfras
2 posts
May 20, 2013 - 1:49 PM
My wife and I and another couple will be travelling around Switzerland by auto for two weeks starting next week. We will not be using the trains, but we will be taking cogwheels, trams, gondolas, and boat trips in various locations of the country. If I buy one Half Fare card, can I buy tickets for my travelling companions as well? Can I buy the Half Fare card at the Geneva train station with a credit card? Can I buy the tickets for the sightseeing excursions with a credit card?
Thanks for the help, Cap
Arno
Arno
7716 posts
expert &
May 20, 2013 - 2:59 PM
Hi Cap,

That should not be a problem, and credit cards are accepted in many places. Please note that everyone who wants to travel with half fare tickets needs their own Swiss Half Fare Card.
lfras
lfras
2 posts
May 20, 2013 - 4:02 PM
Everyone needs a Half Fare car even if they just want to ride one or two cable cars?
Arno
Arno
7716 posts
expert &
May 21, 2013 - 12:31 AM
Hi Cap,

Well, with just one or two cable cars you might be better off buying full priced tickets. But if you want discounted tickets, you need a Swiss Half Fare Card for each traveler (except children under 16).

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016