Help! Fulfilling my Switzerland dream in 4 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 September 2015 at 12:50:01 #807873

Hello Everyone!

We really need your help. will be travelling to Switzerland from Oct 12 to Oct 15.

We will be staying in Zurich for 1 day (Oct 12) and then off to Lucerne and stay there until Oct 15.

But we dnt now which train to ride or which places are we going to see first. Below are the list that we want to cover:

1. Lucerne

2. Interlaken and Grindelwald

3. Zermmatt

4. Jeungfrau

5. and other villages or small vilages near interlaken

If you can suggest other places or things to do, we will really appreciate it.

Thank you so much.. It has been always my dream ever since I was a child to visit Switzerland and I want to make most of it.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 September 2015 at 14:54:15 #845918

Hi Laniegamez,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! With you wish list it would be better to stay in Interlaken or nearby. From Lucerne, Jungfraujoch and Zermatt are very long trips. You can check traveling times in the timetable (mind the spelling of places). Personally I would concentrate on the mountains and skip Zurich with only 4 days available, unless you have very specific things in mind you want to see or do there.

The pages below will help you make a plan:

Feel free to post your tentative itinerary here once you’ve digested the above information. We’ll be happy to provide feedback. Also let us know what your interests are/what you expect to do during your stay.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 September 2015 at 15:06:00 #845919

Thank you so much for your immediate reply. will it be possible to stay in lucerne just for 1 day then the following day travel to interlaken?

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 September 2015 at 15:12:46 #845920

Absolutely. You’ll find hotel suggestion on the pages in my previous reply.

• The thread ‘Help! Fulfilling my Switzerland dream in 4 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.