Help! Only 3 days Luzern and Zurich

Help! Only 3 days Luzern and Zurich

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Lidia
Lidia
5 posts
Jan 29, 2016 - 8:03 PM

Hi experts,

Need your advise please. I will arrive at Zurich on 4 Feb around 9am and will have to catch the 5 pm flight again on 6 Feb. So it will indeed be a very short trip.

unfortunately, I have reserved hotels before I found this website. So I have reserved 1 night in Luzern on 4 Feb and 1 night in Zurich on 5 Feb.

What would be your suggestion for my short visit to make the most of it? Currently I am thinking of:

- Day 1 (4 Feb) : visit Rigi/Pilatus/Titlis or can it be combined?

- Day 2 (5 Feb) : enjoy Luzern and trip to Zurich in the afternoon

- Day 3 (6 Feb) : enjoy Zurich (or probably take a short-medium lake cruise) and back to the airport.

please advise if the current plan is ok or please suggest a better one

Thanks a lot.

Annika
Annika
4415 posts
expert &
Jan 31, 2016 - 9:57 AM

Hi Lidia!

I think your plans make sense, and they do allow for some very nice sightseeing. As for day 1: it would be too much to combine all three mountains. You'd better focus on Rigi and/or Pilatus, as they can be reached more easily from Lucerne than Titlis. You would be able to do both Rigi and Pilatus in one day, if you don't mind a somewhat longer travel day. Of course you should only do so if weather is good and skies are clear. Rigi can well be combined with a boat trip over Lake Lucerne, if you like.

Tips for sightseeing in Lucerne are at our Lucerne page; tips for Zurich are at our Zurich page. You may enjoy the short ride to viewing point Uetliberg from Zurich.

Does this help you out?

Lidia
Lidia
5 posts
Feb 1, 2016 - 2:16 PM

Hi Annika,

Indeed, it helps. really look forward to visit.

Thanks..

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016