Help! Only 3 days Luzern and Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 January 2016 at 20:03:29 #808335

Hi experts,

Need your advise please. I will arrive at Zurich on 4 Feb around 9am and will have to catch the 5 pm flight again on 6 Feb. So it will indeed be a very short trip.

unfortunately, I have reserved hotels before I found this website. So I have reserved 1 night in Luzern on 4 Feb and 1 night in Zurich on 5 Feb.

What would be your suggestion for my short visit to make the most of it? Currently I am thinking of:

– Day 1 (4 Feb) : visit Rigi/Pilatus/Titlis or can it be combined?

– Day 2 (5 Feb) : enjoy Luzern and trip to Zurich in the afternoon

– Day 3 (6 Feb) : enjoy Zurich (or probably take a short-medium lake cruise) and back to the airport.

please advise if the current plan is ok or please suggest a better one

Thanks a lot.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    31 January 2016 at 9:57:00 #848001

Hi Lidia!

I think your plans make sense, and they do allow for some very nice sightseeing. As for day 1: it would be too much to combine all three mountains. You’d better focus on Rigi and/or Pilatus, as they can be reached more easily from Lucerne than Titlis. You would be able to do both Rigi and Pilatus in one day, if you don’t mind a somewhat longer travel day. Of course you should only do so if weather is good and skies are clear. Rigi can well be combined with a boat trip over Lake Lucerne, if you like.

Tips for sightseeing in Lucerne are at our Lucerne page; tips for Zurich are at our Zurich page. You may enjoy the short ride to viewing point Uetliberg from Zurich.

Does this help you out?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 February 2016 at 14:16:06 #848002

Hi Annika,

Indeed, it helps. really look forward to visit.

Thanks..

• The thread ‘Help! Only 3 days Luzern and Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.