Hotel Bellevue Wengen walk from the train station?

• Frappuccino
    Participant
    14 posts
    21 July 2022 at 6:49:27 #827835

Hello , has anyone stayed in Hotel Bellevue Wengen ? We are travelling with 2 kids 10 and 4, and was wondering if it will be too much walk ? Also how is the service and rooms ?

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 July 2022 at 7:01:25 #944594

Hi Frappuccino and welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

According to the map, Hotel Bellevue-Wengen is 700 m away from the station. Wengen is hilly, in your route there is 41 m ascent and 17 m descent.

Regarding the hotel, I have no experience, but the reviews are quite good (check them here).

Ildiko

luvmystang
    Participant
    106 posts
    21 July 2022 at 17:33:10 #944595

I have stayed there multiple times and it’s a wonderful hotel. They will pick you up at the train station in their electric car if you let them know when you are arriving. The walk from the train station to the hotel is about 10 minutes and there are a couple of steep hills, but it’s definitely something you should be able to do with your children. The service is EXCELLENT, and the rooms are GREAT with extremely beautiful views. The breakfast buffet is delish and their dinner menus are wonderful if you are eating dinner there. I highly recommend Bellevue Wengen.

kim11
    Participant
    605 posts
    21 July 2022 at 17:33:23 #944596

Bellevue has the very best view location of all the hotels in the village. Just look at the webcam on their website and you will see!

We have not stayed at Bellevue but have spent considerable time there as we rented the chalet next door probably 10 times. It is a lovely, clean, well kept historic hotel with very good service and outstanding food. We have spent many a pleasant evening with a drink in the parlor or dinner in the dining room.

The corner rooms with a balcony are the largest.

It is not a long walk. Your children will be walking much much farther than the walk to the hotel if you go anywhere or do anything other than stay in the hotel.

pkerr
    Participant
    265 posts
    21 July 2022 at 19:20:57 #944597

Hi Kim…

I defer to your wonderful knowledge of all things Wengen!

I’ve never stayed at the Bellevue so I can’t comment on their views but our stay and VIEW at the Hotel Maya Caprice was pretty spectacular. Here are a couple of pictures from our balcony. (and it’s only steps from the train station)

kim11
    Participant
    605 posts
    21 July 2022 at 20:01:27 #944598

Pkerr, those are indeed stunning shots! The clouds add even more drama. Lovely.

Bellevue is perched right at the mouth of the valley (from a Wengen perspective anyway) so the views are straight down the valley. Just an FYI.

Lots of spectacular view spots for sure.

pkerr
    Participant
    265 posts
    21 July 2022 at 21:35:03 #944599

Speaking of great views, I stumbled upon the GREAT view from the church. Another spectacular place to take it all in.

kim11
    Participant
    605 posts
    21 July 2022 at 21:39:42 #944600

Beautiful!

Yes, the Bellevue is just down the road from there.

EASW
    Participant
    122 posts
    21 July 2022 at 22:16:43 #944601

There are so many lovely views in Wengen! I wanted to share our view a few weeks back from our balcony at Hotel Alpenrose, which is rather at the other end of the village from the Bellevue. Also excellent accommodations and service and they will pick you up from the train station. Enjoy your trip, wherever you end up staying!

NCjulie
    Participant
    4 posts
    22 July 2022 at 4:03:27 #944602

Hi Frappuccino, I stayed at the Bellevue for a week earlier this month, Jun 30- Jul7. Frau Judith the owner is quite abrasive and lacks in customer service skills, but perhaps she needs a vacation! The rest of the staff were wonderful, especially Nicole and Andy and the breakfast buffet was wonderful. I was assigned a very small, single room but I assume your family would get a larger room and the views are phenomenal! It’s definitely on the edge of town, away from the train station but it’s quiet & the walk isn’t bad. There’s not a lot for the kids to do on the property, if that’s a priority look at something closer to the park & pool in the center of town.

Arno
    15484 posts
    22 July 2022 at 8:15:19 #944603

Thanks to all for your input and beautiful pictures!

Kim, how are you and your husband doing meanwhile?

kim11
    Participant
    605 posts
    22 July 2022 at 10:22:03 #944604

Hi Arno, thank you for asking. We are now back in the US. This BA.5 variant is nasty. Flat out for 10 days, finally tested negative on Day 11. Day 17 after onset we are able to be up and around but have a few lingering symptoms. And this is double-vaxxed, double-boosted (Moderna)! My hot-tip for all travelers — wear a mask on public transport and in crowded areas (like at train stations). Even though not required.

And, yes, thanks all for the positively stunning photos! Wengen is dream-land for sure.

Frappuccino
    Participant
    14 posts
    22 July 2022 at 16:39:50 #944605

Thankyou so much everyone for all your replies . I am amazed at so many useful responses and alive community .

Thankyou once again

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 July 2022 at 6:44:24 #944606

Hi Kim. I’m sorry to hear that such a large part of your holidays was spent on quarantine and recovery. That’s not what you hoped your long-awaited stay in Wengen and Weggis to be like. It’s too bad you felt that sick in spite of your vaccinations. I hope you’ll fully recover, and of course that you soon get the chance to enjoy Switzerland again in good health.

• The thread ‘Hotel Bellevue Wengen walk from the train station?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.