Hotels in Grindelwald & Zermatt in April/May

Hotels in Grindelwald & Zermatt in April/May

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
kenlee6
kenlee6
46 posts
Mar 2, 2016 - 6:13 AM

I'll be traveling to Zermatt and Grindelwald in the low season end of April/beginning of May. I know lots of hotels will be closed during that period.

Since now I'm starting to search for hotels for my stay, is there a way to know which hotels are open during those low season period??

ill be booking via sites like booking.com, Expedia.com etc.

Annika
Annika
4415 posts
expert &
Mar 2, 2016 - 9:33 AM

Hi kenlee6,

Can you add some extra information like budget per night, exact dates per town, etc? Please see here.

kenlee6
kenlee6
46 posts
Mar 2, 2016 - 9:41 AM in reply to Annika

I'll be alone and my budget is around 120CFH

I'll be in Grindelwald and Zermatt from 29th April to 7th May. Preferably walking distance to those attractions.

Thanks a lot

Arno
Arno
7707 posts
expert &
Mar 2, 2016 - 11:06 AM

Hello kenlee6,

I had a look at your requirements and I think Hotel Testa Grigia in Zermatt might suit your needs. It's a well rated 3-star hotel in the main street, 4 minutes on foot from the rail station and basically close to everything.

For Grindelwald, the Derby Swiss Quality Hotel is a good option. It's right next to the rail station. A bit further away but still very close and a bit cheaper are Hotel Wolter and Bernerhof.

kenlee6
kenlee6
46 posts
Mar 2, 2016 - 1:51 PM in reply to Arno

I know lots of hotels are close during this period of April/May. Are the hotels mentioned close during this period??

Thanks a lot

Arno
Arno
7707 posts
expert &
Mar 2, 2016 - 2:05 PM in reply to kenlee6

No worries, I only mentioned hotels that are open and within your budget. I checked dates and prices for early May. Please check the links so you can verify whether these are options for you.

Last modified on Mar 2, 2016 - 2:07 PM by Arno
kenlee6
kenlee6
46 posts
Mar 2, 2016 - 2:25 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks so much Arno. Very nice hotels

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016