How to get to Jungfrau

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 September 2014 at 12:46:29 #806666

Hi all,

I’ve planned to stay in Zurich for 3 nights 7th to 10th Oct and I plan to visit Jungfrau (1 day) and the city of Lucerne (1 day). I know that it would have been best to base myself in Interlaken so that visiting other mountain peaks would have been convenient. How best can I travel to Jungfrau? I’ve got Swiss Pass for the entire family.

Thanks,

Joseph

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    29 September 2014 at 17:42:09 #841169

Welcome Joseph!

You should travel to Interlaken first. You could do so using the scenic Golden Pass line via Lucerne, Meiringen and Brienz. From Interlaken, you can travel to Lauterbrunnen/Wengen or Grindelwald. From both towns, trains to Kleine Scheidegg leave, and that’s where the trains get up to the Jungfraujoch. It would be great to make a round trip, getting up via one route and down via the other. Please find more details on the trip to the Jungfraujoch at the Jungfraujoch page (see the ‘How to get there’ tab).

Your Swiss Pass offers free traveling up to Wengen/Grindelwald. Between those towns and the Jungfraujoch, a 25% applies. More details on the Swiss Pass are here.

Please make sure weather is clear before getting up to the Jungfraujoch and buying your reduced tickets. It’s quite expensive – definitely worth it in clear skies, but not if you end up in the clouds.

I hope this answers your question!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 September 2014 at 4:52:34 #841170

Hi Annika,

Thank you so much for your reply. Your advise is indeed very helpful. I have noted everything.

Best regards,

Joseph

• The thread ‘How to get to Jungfrau’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.