How to travel from Zurich Youth Hostel to Titlis

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2014 at 4:16:21 #806436

I am confused on the various method to travel to Mt Titlis using Tell Pass?

Would like to know the best/convenient method to travel back and forth Zurich and Mt Titlis within a day.

Is Tell Pass available 1 day before my travel date at Zurich HB station?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    14 June 2014 at 9:29:24 #840198

Hi jaydenchua,

The Youth hostel is 7 minutes on foot from the train station Zurich Wollishofen (see the Zurich hotel page) You can check the timetable for travel details. Enter ‘Zürich Wollishofen’ as your departure station, and ‘Kleintitlis’ as your arrival station.

You can purchase the Tell-Pass online, so you can board the trains immediately upon arrival. You can also get it in Switzerland at staffed SBB stations like Zurich. See the Tell-Pass page for all options. Note that the Tell-Pass can not be used for traveling in Zurich; is is valid from Lucerne. A map can be download from the Tell-Pass page.

Have a great time!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2014 at 11:22:57 #840199

Hi Annika

May I know what’s the difference between Swiss Pass and Tell Pass?

Annika
    7125 posts
    15 June 2014 at 11:39:32 #840200

Hi jaydenchua,

Please visit the Swiss Pass page and Tell Pass page. All you need to know is explained there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2014 at 12:36:54 #840201

Hi Annika

Thanks alot for the clarification 🙂

I’m flying off to London tomorrow.

If I buy the tickets online now, am I able to print out the e-ticket now?

Annika
    7125 posts
    15 June 2014 at 13:00:12 #840202

Hello jaydenchua,

There is no e-ticket option yet. See the price section of the pass pages for all delivery options (to your home, hotel, airport collection, etc.).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2014 at 14:27:56 #840203

hello Annika, thanks for the info.

I would know if there any available resellers or counters selling Tell Pass at Zurich HB train station or near Zurich Youth Hostel? I am really confused with all the different train station on the website as I am the first time travelling to Swiss.

Can the purchase of Passes be made by debit/credit cards?

thank you for your patience.

Annika
    7125 posts
    15 June 2014 at 16:08:24 #840204

Hello jaydenchua,

It should be available at Zurich HB. If not, you can get it at the Lucerne main station. Debit and credit cards are accepted.

• The thread ‘How to travel from Zurich Youth Hostel to Titlis’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.