Jungfrau tour from Interlaken or Lauterbrunnen?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2017 at 7:27:12 #811121

Good day!,

I’ve read a few blogs and i note that the most recommended route to Jungfrau is via Interlaken Ost.

I’m in the midst of finalising our costing for the trip, hence appreciate if anyone could kindly confirm whether the price for the Jungfrau Tour of CHF 100.80 (with the Swiss Half Fare Pass) is inclusive of the train ride from Interlaken Ost to Grindelwald/Lauternbrunnen, if not, where can i check the train fare from Interlaken Ost to Grinderwald/Lauternbrunnen?

Our accomodation will be nearer to Lauternbrunnen, is it worth it for us to travel to Interlaken Ost and start our journey from Interlaken or should we just park our car at Lauternbrunnen and start our journey from there. Will we miss a lot of interesting sights if we do so?

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

Cheers!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2017 at 8:22:00 #860239

Hi Irliana,

I think personally I would head to Jungfraujoch from Lauterbrunnen and not double-back to Interlaken. Most people travel from Interlaken because that is the larger town and more people will stay there rather than Lauterbrunnen.

Are you looking at a specific guided tour for chf100.80? It should indicate what town the tour starts at.

Regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2017 at 19:07:00 #860240

Travel from Lauterbrunnen, Wengen and Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch.

When your accomodation is at Lauterbrunnen, you have all seen the trip from Interlaken, Wilderswil to Lauterbrunnen.

In Lauterbrunnen station you take the Green/Yellow train to Wengen and Kleine Scheidegg. At Kleine Scheidegg you take the train on the opposite site of the station, the Red train to Jungfraujoch.

Go only to Jungfraujouch when the weather is very good and the sky are blue !

Greetings Brahms

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 March 2017 at 6:00:04 #860241

dear lucas,

noted. thank you very much for your insight.

cheers!

irliana

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 March 2017 at 6:02:12 #860242

Dear Bharms,

Thank you for the tips, sure hope that the weather is good.

Cheers!

irliana

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 March 2017 at 8:41:37 #860243

Hello Irliana

You can usually check a webcam here before paying for the ticket on the morning – the trip is especially expensive if the top of the mountain is in cloud!

http://www.jungfrau.ch/de-ch/live/webcams/#c2361

Regards

Geoffrey

• The thread ‘Jungfrau tour from Interlaken or Lauterbrunnen?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.