Lauterbrunnen driving conditions 16th march

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2012 at 3:41:14 #804959

Hi,

I am planning on driving to stay in lauterbrunnen on march 16th, and I am wondering if it’s easily accessible by a car with no snow chains/winter tyres?

What’s the weather likely to be? Much snow coverage in the valley?

Thanks for any help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    2 March 2012 at 11:22:20 #835001

Hi Dave123,

As far as I know there’s a chance of fresh snow in the valley this time of the year. I wouldn’t feel comfortable driving my car there with normal tires. Maybe there’s no problem at all, but in case you get into trouble the consequences may be very unpleasant.

Also, you can ask the Lauterbrunnen Tourist Office. Click on Services and Contact. I’m quite sure they are happy to answer your question.

Have a nice stay!

• The thread ‘Lauterbrunnen driving conditions 16th march’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.