Location of Fribourg Bahnhof bus stop

• RaymondE
    Participant
    4 posts
    7 January 2016 at 9:54:24 #808245

Hi. I’m arriving at Fribourg Bahnhof from Bern in March and have 4 minutes to board a bus to Bulle. Can anyone tell me which side of Fribourg Bahnhof this bus leaves from? Many Thanks, Ray

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    7 January 2016 at 12:45:58 #847558

Hi Ray,

I’m pretty sure you have to go to the western side of Fribourg Bahnhof (that is to the right seen from the direction your train went). You can check this: go to mapsearch.ch – zoom in on Fribourg and Bahnhof – select Map / Route and POINTS OF INTEREST – Traffic – Tram/Bus.

Click on the “Bus stop Fribourg, gare” West of the station to see departure times ans destinations. You’ll find Bulle there.

Hope this is helpfull,

Wandermann

RaymondE
    Participant
    4 posts
    7 January 2016 at 14:18:29 #847559

Thanks very much Wandermann. Yes, it looks as though the bus stops are below the station level on the West side. I originally looked along the East side. That’s most helpful – thanks again. Best Wishes, Ray

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    7 January 2016 at 15:32:00 #847560

Ray-

On the SBB website there are “Trafimage” maps of the major stations in Switzerland

http://www.sbb.ch/content/dam /infrastruktur/trafima ge/bahnhofplaene/plan-fribourg-a4.pdf

Slowpoke

RaymondE
    Participant
    4 posts
    10 January 2016 at 15:54:49 #847561

Many thanks Slowpoke. I think I’m ok now with it. Best Wishes, Ray

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    10 January 2016 at 16:01:39 #847562

<<“Many thanks Slowpoke. I think I’m ok now with it. Best Wishes, Ray”>>

I thought you were. 4 minutes is not too bad. Hope you don’t have lots of luggage.

If you have not explored the old city of Fribourg, down by the river, you might enjoy it. Or, in nice weather – walk in the Gotteron Schlucht.

Just hoped that the information for stations would be useful for many trips to Switzerland in the future. 😉

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Location of Fribourg Bahnhof bus stop’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.