About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Looking for Swiss restaurant recommendations
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Looking for Swiss restaurant recommendations

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Mrghart123
Mrghart123
6 posts
Dec 7, 2021 - 8:02 PM

Dear MySwissAlps friends,

My wife and I will be traveling to your beautiful country in January to celebrate our 40th anniversary. We would like dining suggestions. We enjoy local fare, seafood, beer halls, vegan, just about anything. Fine dining or where the locals go. Here are the regions we will be going to:

- Zurich

- Lake Lucern region

- Zermatt ski region

- Murren

-Bern

If you could provide a list of popular dining establishments it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Snowman
Snowman
810 posts
top member
Dec 8, 2021 - 12:51 PM

Hello Mrghart123,

Zurich : There are plenty. Let me just mention Zum Kropf, at 16, In Gassen in the Old Town. A traditional Zurich restaurant.

Bern : My favorite is Altes Tramdepot near the Bear Park. Menus to have, preferably, with a glass of beer. But there are many others.

I’m not familiar with the other places you mention.

Enjoy your visit!

Snowman

Arno
Arno
14985 posts
expert &
Dec 9, 2021 - 6:57 AM

Hi Mrghart123,

If you happen to stay in or near Weggis on Lake Lucerne, then restaurant Zee is worth it: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g198850-d2689536-Reviews-Zee_Restaurant-Weggis.html. It's of the fine dining type and thus a bit pricier, with good views.

Last modified on May 31, 2022 - 6:39 AM by Arno
Ildiko
Ildiko
1905 posts
top member &
Dec 9, 2021 - 9:36 AM in reply to Mrghart123

Hi Mrghart123,

I have no specific recommendations. Usually we use google maps to find a restaurant. My experience is that anything above 4,3 - 4,5 (from 5) is a good choice.

You can read more about Swiss food at www.myswissalps.com/aboutswitzerland/culturehistory/food.

Some older threads for you to visit: www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/foodies-looking-for-best-restaurants-in-lucerne and www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/restaurant-recommendations.

Ildiko

Mrghart123
Mrghart123
6 posts
Dec 15, 2021 - 3:26 AM in reply to Arno

Thank you very much

Lastlook
Lastlook
55 posts
Dec 16, 2021 - 1:01 AM

I've enjoyed dinner at the Hotel Blumental in Mürren in the past. Atmosphere and cuisine were both very good. In Zermatt, as I've recently mentioned in this forum, the Schäferstube in the lower level of the Hotel Julen is very good (local lamb is their specialty.) The Spycher in Zermatt has been recommended to me, but I have yet to try it.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022