Lucerne as base for 9 days in September

• babybab
    Participant
    16 posts
    11 April 2016 at 4:06:18 #808877

Hi Slowpoke

Sorry I have not been able to get back to you soon enough. That forum is now closed so I am starting a new thread.

Thank you for the tips, the numerous links and the beautiful photos.

No, I haven’t posted my revised itinerary. So, here it is:

• Zurich 2 days
    • Lucerne 9 days
    • Geneva 1 day
    • Zermatt 2 days
    • St. Moritz 1 days

In Zurich

• Grannies Walk easy hike
    • Rhine Falls
    • Lake Zurich boat cruise
    • Swiss National Museum
    • old town centre
    • Bahnhopstrasse

In Lucerne

We will try to do as much as possible while we are based here.

• Classic round trip to the Rigi
    • Golden Round Trip to the Pilatus
    • Mt Titlis
    • Lake Lucerne cruise
    • Swiss Museum of Transport
    • Jungfraujoch
    • Golden Pass Route (Lucerne to Montreux)
    • Bern/Biel/Bienne
    • Basel
    • Lausanne
    • Murren & Schilthorn
    • Interlaken & Brig

Geneva

• Jet d’Eau
    • Boat trip on Lake Geneva

Zermatt

• Matterhorn
    • Glacier Express

St Moritz

• Bernina Express

As I have mentioned in my previous mail, we will buy a 15-day STP and I prefer to buy it online via Swiss railways. I do not want a print-at-home pass. I prefer to get the real pass and I prefer to pick it up at the airport in Zurich. From the SBB website, it says delivery within 3 days. Does this mean that the airport will receive the pass within three days of my purchase? We will arrive in Zurich on 31st August. Will the airport hold our pass until we arrive and collect it?

Thank you very much for any info.

babybab

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 April 2016 at 6:12:04 #850602

Hi babybab,

Your planning looks full but most of it should be doable. Note that you’ve listed a few destinations that require a lot of traveling time, like Lausanne, Brig and Jungfraujoch.

Although I’d recommend to print the pass at home (quicker, cheaper), you can certainly collect it from the airport if you prefer that. They will hold it until you collect it. Please see http://www.swissrailways.com/ en/products/swisspass.

babybab
    Participant
    16 posts
    12 April 2016 at 5:20:56 #850603

Hi Arno

Thank you so much for the info. Yes, I think we may be trying to do much but we will just try to do as much as we can, weather permitting. Some of them are back-ups in case the weather doesn’t cooperate.

Regards, babybab

• The thread ‘Lucerne as base for 9 days in September’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.