Lucerne to Vichy France by train

Lucerne to Vichy France by train

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Dhruvi
Dhruvi
5 posts
Jun 16, 2016 - 6:43 AM

hello.... I am travelling to switzerland for 4 days and will be staying at Lucerne.... On 26th june i want to go to vichy, France for some work..... Can you please guide me with the cheapest means of transport for the same... I have t reach vichy by maximum 6.30 pm .

Annika
Annika
4418 posts
expert &
Jun 16, 2016 - 7:14 AM

Hi Dhruvi,

You can find train schedules in the timetable. Please find tickets and prices here. You may only need a ticket from the border (Basel or Geneva) to Vichy, but that depends on whether or not you will have a rail pass for your other days in Lucerne.

Last modified on Jun 16, 2016 - 7:15 AM by Annika
Dhruvi
Dhruvi
5 posts
Jun 16, 2016 - 11:28 AM in reply to Annika

I have a Swiss travel pass from 23rd June to 25th june ( 3 day pass)

I want to go lucerne to vichy on 26th June....Could you please tell me which is the best route that i should select for my train...?????

I am really confused :(

Annika
Annika
4418 posts
expert &
Jun 16, 2016 - 12:16 PM

Hi Dhruvi,

In that case you will need a ticket for the entire route. Please see the second link in my previous post. The retailers listed there will show you the routes and prices. You just need to enter Lucerne to Vichy and your travel date/time, e.g. in www.raileurope.co.in/t rain/tgv-lyria, which is your local retailer.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
2657 posts
expert
Jun 16, 2016 - 6:14 PM in reply to Dhruvi

Please look at the timetable linked above. It will show you the best route or routes. It chooses the fastest routes.

Slowpoke

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016