Making a seat reservation to Bernina Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 January 2017 at 14:22:54 #810573

Hello,

Thank you for your previous advices on how to book tickets to a certain Bernina Express train! I have now bumped into another problem called seat reservations to this specific train. I cannot find a way to do it. First I tried Rhb site, but direct Bernina train from Tirano to Chur doesn’t show in those pages. It hasn’t shown there once after November when I purchased the tickets from ACP Rail’s site. Next I tried ACP Rail site for seat reservations. The site hasn’t worked for multiple days now. It keeps giving me an error message that online prices are currently unavailable for the selected route. I’ve tried contacting ACP but haven’t received an answer yet. In the meanwhile I tried to book seats from here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable but this specific Bernina train doesn’t show in there either. It leaves from Tirano at 14:26 pm to Chur.

I’m pretty lost here! 🙂 I already have the train tickets for 12th of February so three seats for our family would be nice! Any suggestions of how to proceed?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 January 2017 at 15:57:40 #858046

Hi helenn,

Your tickets may include seat reservations, but if not you can find booking links on the Bernina Express page (Tickets and Packages tabs). I’d suggest to give it a try on http://www.happyrail.com/en/p ass/europe/switzerland /panoramic-trains.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 January 2017 at 23:28:04 #858047

I am trying to figure out how best to get from Locarno to Bellinoza and take the Bernina Express from there to Chur. Any help would be appreciated, thank you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 January 2017 at 8:59:52 #858048

Hi smketer and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Can I ask that you post this question on the rail forum as its own thread? This is Helenn’s thread and we’d be happy to help you there. 🙂

Thanks!
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 January 2017 at 16:37:01 #858049

Sure, sorry didn’t mean to hijack anything

• The thread ‘Making a seat reservation to Bernina Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.