Mobile data plan I used in Switzerland

• keng27
    Participant
    2 posts
    10 August 2016 at 5:52:12 #809840

I just came back from a wonderful 13-days Switzerland trip last week. Thanks to this forum, I have gathered so much info and they’re all very helpful throughout the trip.

I want to share something about the mobile data plan. At first, I tried to order the simly data SIM card from http://www.simlystore.com/en/ buy-prepaid-sim-card/switzerland-prepaid-data-sim-card.html as recommended here. The order was successful but somehow the delivery did not go well. Anyway, I got the refund, so no issue about that.

Then I heard from a friend who visited Switzerland 3 weeks before my trip, he is using this Swisscom NATEL easy plan, which to me, sounds very convenient and affordable.

The moment I arrived in Geneva Airport, went to the post office to get this plan. Some details here:

Requirement: A passport (or ID document) is required to purchase.

Upfront fee: CHF20 (as credit)

Credit usage: CHF2/day, that means CHF20 is good for 10 days.

Data limit: The credit is valid for a month with 4GB limit. For me, I was there for 14 days so it’s more than enough. (as per the manual, if you use over 4GB, you can still access data but speed will be much slower).

Topup: CHF10 per topup if required, good for another 5 days. Can be done online via Swisscom website

Able to make/receive calls? Yes, but I didn’t try at all. Rates applicable, check the plan details

When I bought it, there was a BONUS 100MB before the actual credit usage. So I think it’s great for tourist arriving on day1 to start using that 100MB, only on day2 you get the credit deducted for the first time.

The quality? Great I’d say, it is very reliable throughout my trip. I did experience some “signal lost”, but really not affecting my trip at all.

Hope it helps!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 August 2016 at 7:22:08 #854941

Hi keng27, and welcome to MySwissAlps! Thank you for sharing your experiences here, and I’m sorry to hear there was a delivery issue. Glad you found an alternative.

• The thread ‘Mobile data plan I used in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.