Mt Pilatus or Titlis end of April

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2016 at 7:50:29 #808521

I’ll be staying in Luzern for 2 nights and plan to visit Mt Pilatus or Rigi end of April . I heard the Mt Pilatus cogwheel are closed during this period. Does that mean there’s no way up Mt Pilatus during this period??Does Mt Titlis glacier park and titlis rotair operate whole year round?? I checked Mt titlis website can’t seem to find whether they operate fully end of April.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    2 March 2016 at 9:51:10 #848933

Hi kenlee6,

You can still take the cable car up to Mount Pilatus.

The Mount Titlis cable car will operate in April. In fact it does all year round with the exception of 1 to 2 weeks in November, for maintenance. There’s a snow park near the mid station of Trübsee until April, but this is weather dependent. I wouldn’t count on it still to be open by late April. The Glacier Park on the top is only there in summer. I don’t know whether it will immediately be available when the other park closes. It all depends on snow conditions. Even without the park you’ll have a wonderful time there.

Please see our attraction pages to find link to timetables and more details. You can also check the Swiss timetable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2016 at 10:34:04 #848934

Hi Annika,

Thanks for your reply. In that case i’ll make a trip to Mt Titlis. Is half a day enough for a trip up there or do you need a full day?? During this period, is there any activities that’s still available at Mt Titlis??

One more thing, is the Titlis Rotair same as the cable car??? It’s available all year round as well?

Sorry this is my first time traveling to Switzerland and i’m still trying to figure out things.

Thanks a lot

Annika
    7125 posts
    2 March 2016 at 17:54:44 #848935

Hi kenlee6!

This trip can take anything between half a day and (nearly) a full day. It all depends on how many hours you wish to spend at the top and midway stations. You can have lunch in the restaurant, visit the chocolate shop, enjoy the views, walk around the Trüebsee, and so on. Details can be checked at our Titlis page and the official Titlis website (you’ll find a link from our page under “More on other websites”).

Rotair is the name for the cable car between the midway station Trüebsee and the top station Titlis.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2016 at 1:00:06 #848936

Hi Annika

My time in Luzern is limited. I’m deciding whether I should visit Mt Pilatus or Mt Titlis during this April/May season.

Which would u suggest ?? Maybe which has more things to explore during this period??

Thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 March 2016 at 5:56:51 #848937

Hi kenlee6,

If time is limited, Pilatus might be better as it’s close to Lucerne to it takes a bit less time. Both mountains are great but entirely different, so you’d better check the Titlis and Pilatus pages to see what appeals to you most. If you want guaranteed snow you should pick Titlis.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2016 at 6:39:30 #848938

If I’m not mistaken things will be closed at both places during low season right??

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 March 2016 at 8:23:35 #848939

No, they will be open. Please see Annika’s first post.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2016 at 3:02:07 #848940

Can Mt Pilatus or Titlis be covered in half a day??

Im planning to over both Mt on different days. I’m also planning to take a boat ride at Lake Luzern. Is it better to take the ride on the day I’m going to Mt Pilatus or Mt Titlis??

Annika
    7125 posts
    4 March 2016 at 7:29:27 #848941

Hi kenlee6,

If you don’t spend hours at the top (see my previous post) about half a day for Pilatus and Titlis each will do. As Titlis takes more traveling time from Lucerne, as Arno explained, it would be better to include a boat ride on the day you visit the Pilatus.

• The thread ‘Mt Pilatus or Titlis end of April’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.