My Swiss Trip plan for Nov”2011

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 October 2011 at 9:07:49 #804769

Hi There,

I have a plan to visit Switzerland for 4nights and 5days from 5th Nov 2011 till 9th Nov 2011. We are three 2adult and 1 Kid of 9yrs. I am staying 2nights in Interlaken and 2nights in Luzern.

Qus1. What are the routes to visit Jungfraujoch from Interlaken?
    Qus2. Other than Jungfraujoch what else I can visit from Interlaken for half a day?
    Qus3. Is the Boat available from Interlaken to Brienz during this time?
    Qus4. Is it possible to do Titles during this time from Luzern?
    Qus5. What are the best routes to visit Pilatus during this time?
    Qus6. What else can I do (visit) from Luzern for half a day?

Please suggest/advice

Regards
    Sujoy Sur

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    1 November 2011 at 15:28:12 #834440

Hello Sujoy Sur! The Swiss timetable will help you in your planning. It shows routes, travel times and further details. The two routes available to the Jungfraujoch are via Lauterbrunnen/Wengen and via Grindelwald. You could take one of them up, and the other on your way back. This day trip overview provides ideas for your stay in Interlaken. The BLS website provides information on boat rides over lake Brienz, including timetables.

The Titlis will be closed down due to maintenance from November 7, so you could visit it on November 5 or 6. The cable car from Kriens to Pilatus is open (the cog train from Alpnachstad isn’t, as it only runs op to October).

For your visit to Lucerne, consider a boat ride over the lake, the traffic museum or the glacier garden. You’ll find other ideas when browsing this forum.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 November 2011 at 3:02:28 #834441

Hi Annika,

Thank you so much.

Regards

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 November 2011 at 10:11:24 #834442

Hi,
    I have the similar plan in mid- Dec. 2011 for 5 days. Can I plan to visit Interlaken, Titlis, Luzern and Zurich in this short time ?

smathur

Annika
    7125 posts
    3 November 2011 at 14:59:42 #834443

Hello smathur! Yes, that’s doable in five days. Please check the timetable for all specifics. Enjoy your stay and let me know if you have any further questions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 November 2011 at 2:42:03 #834444

Hi,
    Please check the detail before visit in Dec.
    Many things get closed during the low time. Like I could not see Titlis as it was closed for maintenence. The boat from Interlaken to Birenz was also closed, Alshed boat to Pilatus and Rope way to Krains was also closed, part of Goldenpass Train like from Interlaken to Luzern was also closed.

So it is better to check first before reach there during Winter or Low season.

Thanks & Regards

Sujoy Sur

• The thread ‘My Swiss Trip plan for Nov”2011’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.