Need advice for 3 night tour, stay at Lucerne

Need advice for 3 night tour, stay at Lucerne

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
anshuvishal
anshuvishal
1 post
May 24, 2016 - 9:25 PM

aHello friends, I am planning a trip to Swiss between 27th and 30th Aug. We are family of 3. 2Adult + 1 Kid (7 yrs old). Need your advice on places and itinerary to visit.

Day 1 - Arrival at Zurich Airport 9.45 am. We plan to depart to Lucern directly

Q1 - What places we can visit on Lucern same day, think we will reach Lucerne by 11 am. Thinking of Lake Luzern, Chappel Bridge, Pilatus. Can we cover all three same day or should we do something else

Day 2 - Lucern - Engelberg - Titlis

Day 3 - Have not planned anything.

Q2 - Please suggest the places that we can cover on Day 3

Day 4 morning - Checkout and depart to Zurich airport

Q4 - What kind of pass we should look out here? I guess Tell pass is good based on advice in forum as it covers Titlis, Lake trip, Pilatus and trains around Lucerne. Does it cover Zurich Airport to Lucerne (return) as well? If not what is cheapest way to cover Airport to Lucerne and return seperately.

Thanks for your response in advance.

Vishal Jain

Shehzad
Shehzad
9 posts
May 25, 2016 - 12:00 AM in reply to anshuvishal

Hi Vishal,

I think Lake lucerne, the Kapellbrücke and Mt. Pilatus could be done on the same day. I did Lake Lucerne, the Kapellbrücke and Mt. Rigi in 1 day. But be sure to have the train, boat and cable car timetables in your knowledge.

For day 3 I would recommend going up Mt. Stanserhorn on the Cabrio. It is an Open Top cable car - the views are just stunning. Ask your hotel for a leaflet on that mountain. It is half price with your swiss travel pass. OR try Mt. Rigi, whose views are also breathtaking. The view of Lake Lucerne are amazing, which is absolutely FREE with your swiss travel pass.

I am not too sure about the Tell Pass, but I took the Swiss Travel Pass, you might need the 4 days Swiss Travel Pass if you opt for it, which would then cover your journeys from and to the Airport too.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016