Need suggestion on Trip to Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2015 at 21:07:11 #807534

Hi I am planning to go to Switzerland for 4 nights can anyone review below itinerary planned for its correctness: please suggest.

Below is the itinerary:

1. 12th: Luton to Geneva – Buy Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days. Lake Geneva, UN

2. 12th: Geneva to Interlaken – Stay in interlaken and visit Jungfrau(13th), Mt. Titlis (14th)

3 14th: Interlaken to Lucerne – Stay at Lucerne.

4. 14th: Mount Pilatus/ Lucerne lake .

5. 15th; Lucerene to Zurich night stayRhine Falls

6. 16th; Zurich Day rome and back to Luton

Queries:

1. Can I buy 4 days Swiss Travel Pass on arrival in Geneva at train station ?. If not, then where I can buy ?

2. Can I travel on any train/bus using this pass without any reservations ? Example : If I have to travel from Geneva to Interlaken and then Interlaken to jungfrau and then to Mt Titlis.

3. is there any reservation required prior to travel on the same day of travel to destination.

Regards,

Manoj

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    10 July 2015 at 0:44:38 #844374

Titlis is closer to Luzern than to Interlaken.

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 July 2015 at 8:35:36 #844375

Hi Manoj,

Slowpoke has a valid comment here, and apart from that I think you may need to skip either Titlis or Pilatus to prevent things being quite hectic. Visiting two mountains in one day is doable but not ideal.

1. Yes, you can, although it might be more expensive than online. All the options are listed here.

2./3. You don’t need reservations, you can simply board with your pass. Please see here for what’s covered for free versus discounted, and here for how reservations work in Switzerland.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 July 2015 at 20:18:53 #844376

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 July 2015 at 20:22:10 #844377

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Can you please let me know that SWISS PASS will cover Jungfrau or not?

Also can you please let me know if my Itinerary is ideal and realistic or not so that I can book Hotel. If you have any better idea or suggestion please share.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    10 July 2015 at 21:14:12 #844378

<<“Can you please let me know that SWISS PASS will cover Jungfrau or not?”>>

Arno gave the answer in his last post.

If you follow the link he provided, you’ll have the exact answer.

My memory, without looking up the details to be sure, is that it gives a perhaps 1/3 reduction or 1/4 reduction on the cost of a trip up to the Jungfrau, but note that the first part, for example, from Lauterbrunnen to Wengen is covered 100%

The effect of the discount is to convert a very expensive trip into an expensive trip.

I am not an expert on itineraries, but if you take Titlis off of the day at Interlaken, the rest should be possible. You’ll have time to explore around Luzern and Zürich. Remember that they are very close by train – as little as 45 minutes.

Since the weather in the Jungfrau region cannot be guaranteed for the single day that you are there, you might want to adjust your schedule to spend a bit more time there ( to allow for a day with better weather if there are too many clouds) and reduce your time for the combination Luzern+Zürich.

The best way to figure it out for your self is to use the timetable:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

I recall that the station for Titlis is Klein Titlis.

Never been there myself.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Need suggestion on Trip to Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.