Oeschinen Lake - Cable Car

Oeschinen Lake - Cable Car

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
AtulBhide
AtulBhide
24 posts
Mar 20, 2012 - 11:50 PM
Dear Moderator,

We will be visiting Oeschinen Lake from Kandersteg GKO on 01st June2012.

In Google photo gallery we saw a pair of 2 open chairs moving on a cable. In the same photo gallery we also saw a close cabin type cable car

We are little bit confused. What kind of transport is actually available between Kandersteg GKO and Oeschinen?

We are very much interested in traveling in that 2 open chair type of thing. Will it be operative on our travel day?

Regards
Atul Bhide
Wandermann
Wandermann
298 posts
top member
Mar 21, 2012 - 4:48 AM
Hello Atul Bhide,

There used to be a chair lift between Kandersteg and Oeschinen, nowadays there are gondolas.

The nearest open chair lift is from Kiental to Ramslauenen. This about 25 km north from Kandersteg.

You could take both lifts on one day if you wish.

Enjoy!
AtulBhide
AtulBhide
24 posts
Mar 21, 2012 - 5:12 AM
Dear Wandermann

Thanks a lot for the latest information. Can you please tell us how to know these details from the SBB time table whether it is Gondola or a Chair lift. OR else can you tell us where to see the list of chair lifts in Switzerland. We really want to have a ride in that.

Thanks
Atul Bhide
Wandermann
Wandermann
298 posts
top member
Mar 21, 2012 - 5:30 AM
Dear Atul,

I don't think the Timetable shows whether a lift is a chairlift, gondola or (bigger) cablecar. But many times you will be able to find this kind of information searching the internet for that specific lift.

It's a pity though that there are not many chair lifts left. May be you can get the result you are looking for by searching e.g. "chairlift Bernese Oberland". Also using the search function of this website (top right corner) may be of help.

Good luck with your preparations!
AtulBhide
AtulBhide
24 posts
Mar 21, 2012 - 5:52 AM
Hi Wandermann,

I have found one link (http://www.alternatives-wandern.ch/bergbahnen/bern.htm) tell me is it an authentic one? Or at least tell me majority information given here is correct or not so that I can plan my trip accordingly.

Thanks once again.
Atul Bhide
Wandermann
Wandermann
298 posts
top member
Mar 21, 2012 - 8:34 AM
Hi Atul,

I don't know whether the link you mention is completely up to date. But it can certainly be a starting point for further investigation.

In the Bernese Oberland region there are three open chairlifts I know of:
- Kiental - Ramslauenen
- Wiriehorn in the Diemtigtal
- Between Engstlensee and Joch pass (in the Gental).

Hope this helps.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016