Oeschinen Lake – Cable Car

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2012 at 22:50:42 #805047

Dear Moderator,

We will be visiting Oeschinen Lake from Kandersteg GKO on 01st June2012.

In Google photo gallery we saw a pair of 2 open chairs moving on a cable. In the same photo gallery we also saw a close cabin type cable car

We are little bit confused. What kind of transport is actually available between Kandersteg GKO and Oeschinen?

We are very much interested in traveling in that 2 open chair type of thing. Will it be operative on our travel day?

Regards
    Atul Bhide

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    21 March 2012 at 4:48:01 #835250

Hello Atul Bhide,

There used to be a chair lift between Kandersteg and Oeschinen, nowadays there are gondolas.

The nearest open chair lift is from Kiental to Ramslauenen. This about 25 km north from Kandersteg.

You could take both lifts on one day if you wish.

Enjoy!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 March 2012 at 5:12:48 #835251

Dear Wandermann

Thanks a lot for the latest information. Can you please tell us how to know these details from the SBB time table whether it is Gondola or a Chair lift. OR else can you tell us where to see the list of chair lifts in Switzerland. We really want to have a ride in that.

Thanks
    Atul Bhide

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    21 March 2012 at 5:30:41 #835252

Dear Atul,

I don’t think the Timetable shows whether a lift is a chairlift, gondola or (bigger) cablecar. But many times you will be able to find this kind of information searching the internet for that specific lift.

It’s a pity though that there are not many chair lifts left. May be you can get the result you are looking for by searching e.g. “chairlift Bernese Oberland”. Also using the search function of this website (top right corner) may be of help.

Good luck with your preparations!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 March 2012 at 5:52:02 #835253

Hi Wandermann,

I have found one link (http://www.alternatives-wandern.ch/bergbahnen/bern.htm) tell me is it an authentic one? Or at least tell me majority information given here is correct or not so that I can plan my trip accordingly.

Thanks once again.
    Atul Bhide

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    21 March 2012 at 8:34:39 #835254

Hi Atul,

I don’t know whether the link you mention is completely up to date. But it can certainly be a starting point for further investigation.

In the Bernese Oberland region there are three open chairlifts I know of:
    – Kiental – Ramslauenen
    – Wiriehorn in the Diemtigtal
    – Between Engstlensee and Joch pass (in the Gental).

Hope this helps.

• The thread ‘Oeschinen Lake – Cable Car’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.