Please guide on priority…..

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 November 2011 at 5:24:37 #804785

Hi,
    I and my wife will spend 4 days in Switzerland in 1st week of Dec,11(coming from venice) and will be covering the following places.
    Please guide what is the best possible way to reach lucern from venice(priority will be night journey).

Day 1 and 2 –
    Lucern: Visit to Mt Titlis, Mt Pilatu, Mt Rigi (Please guide what will be cost with Swiss Saver pass or Swiss half card?) and approx time duration required to visit the mountains.

Day 3 and 4 – Lucerne to Interlaken –
    1st day: Thinking of Lake Thun Cruise & Trummelbach Falls (cost with Swiss Saver pass or Swiss half card?) and approx time duration required to visit.
    2nd day: Jungfrau (cost with Swiss Saver pass or Swiss half card?)

Day 4 – Interlaken to Spain.

There are 2 of us traveling, please advise which pass is the most economical for us based on our interests. Also, do we need to reserve seats for the above train tickets? If so how do we go about reserving the seats? How much does it cost to reserve?

From where should i get this pass, as presently i am on schengen tourist visa, living in Netherlands with my wife, who is on work permit over here.

For the excursions to Titlis, Pilatu, Rigi Jungfrau and Lake Thun Cruise, do we need to book the tickets online in advance? If so, where can we can book it?

Thanks in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    26 November 2011 at 10:03:51 #834504

Hello Gaurav, and welcome to the forum. As for your questions: the timetable helps you pick the right (night train) journeys. Just fill out your departure station (such as Venice), arrival station (Lucerne) and the right date and time to see all possible connections. You can plan your other trips in Switzerland the same way. It also shows traveling times, which is a great aid in planning your day trips. Generally, I’d say that you should take one hour at least up at every mountain. There’s quite a lot to see and do at the Jungfraujoch, so that could last about 2 hours.

Costs can be found through the timetable and at the several mountain transportation companies’ websites. In your case, a Swiss Card would be worth considering. It provides a free trip from the Italian-Swiss border to Lucerne, back again from Interlaken to the border on your way to Spain, and a 50% discount on your remaining trips. Order options are listed in the upper right corner of the Swiss Card page. Since you’re in the Netherlands now, you can select that as your current country of residence.

You don’t have to book tickets online, but you can do so if you want along with your Swiss Card. The only trains that require seat reservation are the international ones crossing the border. You can read more about it at the seat reservation page.

I hope this helps you out!

• The thread ‘Please guide on priority…..’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.