Question on using pass in euro city

• anicraj
    Participant
    2 posts
    18 July 2016 at 16:50:24 #809711

Hello everyone – we will be visiting switzerland from august 11th to august 17th – i have been struggling to make a decision on which pass to buy. we are 2 adults and 2 kids, am thinking of buying 1 day pass and cover the kids under it and 1 4 day pass – couple of days we will buy tickets as and when required – does this make sense?

Also we will enter into switzerland from milan on 11th, can i do the following?

1 ticket from milan to lucern through arth, 1 ticket to chiasso – so 1 adult and 2 kids will travel on the pass from chiasso – both using eurocity 16? since 1 ticket am booking directly on trenitalia, i can choose the ticket but what about the other adult and 2 kids – how do i reserve seats for them as they will be travelling on the pass from chiasso? Is this even possible or am i complicating this?

any help/advise would be appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 July 2016 at 17:25:03 #854314

Hi anicraj, welcome to MySwissAlps!

I am not sure I understand your plans. Which exact passes do you mean? Swiss Travel Pass? Swiss Travel Pass Flex perhaps? Why would you buy different passes for both adults? What do you travel plans look like, day trips included?

I think you are trying to find a solution that’s too complicated, but perhaps it makes sense if you provide some additional information.

Thanks!

• The thread ‘Question on using pass in euro city’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.