Recommendation for 7 day trip with kids in June

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 February 2017 at 19:06:46 #810874

I am in the beginning stages of planning a family trip in June with our two daughters (12 and 10). We will be arriving 6/4 in Zurich from the US and departing 6/11 from Geneva to visit family in England.

My rough plan was to travel directly to Luzern upon arrival and spend the following day at Mt. Pilates (Day 2).

Days 3-5 travel to Bernard Oberland via Golden Pass to hike Jungafu, take a boat trip and explore. I’m trying to figure out where to go from there.

My thinking was Montreal/Lausanne for Days 6-7 and head over to Geneva and fly out on Day 8 but I’m wondering if we have time to visit Bern or even better yet my girls would love to explore an authentic cheese and/or chocolate village.

My hesitation about the trips from Montreux are that they wouldn’t be very hands on and the girls would be bored. We will be traveling by train for the trip.

Any initial recommendations to help narrow down my scope would be greatly appreciated!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    23 February 2017 at 12:09:07 #859257

Hi oliver, thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

To be honest there are lots of options. You could easily spend the rest of your stay in the Bernese Oberland without getting bored. Please find tips here.

The Montreux area would certainly work as well. Your girls might just love the trip to the Cailler chocolate factory in Broc and the cheese dairy in Gruyères, which is a very pretty town by the way. Both museums are definitely entertaining for kids. Further ideas are here. Consider the scenic Golden Pass when traveling from the Bernese Oberland to Montreux.

An 8 day Swiss Travel Pass allows you to travel for free on most routes and to obtain discounts on mountain transportation. It’s a very convenient solution for trips involving lots of traveling by public transport. Your kids will travel along for free with the free Swiss Family Card. Lots of museums, such as the entertaining Swiss Museum of Transport in Lucerne, are included or discounted as well.

Does this get you started?

• The thread ‘Recommendation for 7 day trip with kids in June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.