Schaffhausen & Rhine Falls without taking boats

Schaffhausen & Rhine Falls without taking boats

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
kargee
kargee
25 posts
Apr 14, 2016 - 12:26 PM

Hi,

I would like to visit Schaffhausen, mainly the Rhine Falls. Without taking boats, is it possible to see the falls? If so, which part has the best view?

Besides Rhine Falls, is there any attractions in Schaffhausen?

Thank you!

Arno
Arno
7718 posts
expert &
Apr 15, 2016 - 12:22 PM

Hi kargee,

The page myswissalps.com/ rhinefalls explains how to reach the falls (there are two train stops) and how to see them on foot. For a circular walk one would take a small boat just to cross the river, but you don't have to do so.

The falls are not in Schaffhausen but in nearby Neuhausen. I don't know Schaffhausen that well, but you can have a look at www.schaffhauserland.c h/ en/experiences.

Have a great time at the falls!

kargee
kargee
25 posts
Apr 15, 2016 - 1:12 PM

Thanks a lot, Arno. Very helpful of you!

kargee
kargee
25 posts
Apr 15, 2016 - 2:23 PM

Hi Arno,

I just found out that there's a firework event going on at Rhine Falls on July 31st. Is this open to public for free, just like those firework on the New Year Eve?

And what is the opening hours for Schloss Laufen? The webpage is in German and I am guessing it's Monday to Sunday 9-6pm.

www.schlosslaufen.ch/d e/rheinfall-erlebnis.html

One more question: From Schaffhausen to Schloss Laufen am Rhinefall, the train will cross a bridge, right? Does the bridge has a pedestrian walkway?

Thank you again.

Last modified on Apr 15, 2016 - 2:25 PM by kargee
Arno
Arno
7718 posts
expert &
Apr 15, 2016 - 2:32 PM in reply to kargee

Hi kargee,

Glad to help! They have opening hours on their English pages as well: www.schlosslaufen.ch/e n/rhine-falls-experience/opening-times.html.

The train indeed crosses a bridge which is also for pedestrians. Please see the map on the Rhine Falls page (myswissalps.com/ rhinefalls) for details.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016