Seat reservation on scenic trains

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2016 at 5:26:27 #809122

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am going to travel from Hong Kong to Swiss in June and planned routes already. Some of them are scenic trains and heard that needs to make seat reservation in advance. By the way, I have bought a Swiss Pass already in HK but cannot found a reservation link.

I have planned the following scenic trains:

Bernina Express: from Chur to Tirano, then to Lugano

William Tell Express: from Lugano to Luzern (Lucerne)

Interlaken Express: from Luzern (Lucerne) to Interlaken Ost

Golden Pass: Interlaken Ost to Montreux

Mont Blanc Express: Montreux to Zermatt

Glacier Express: Zermatt to Chur

Many thanks for your assistance.

Irene

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 May 2016 at 12:14:31 #851673

Hi Irene,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! This page will get you started: myswissalps.com/ train/reservations.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2016 at 10:02:00 #851674

Hi Arno,

Thank you for your responce.

I found my first route from Chur to Tirano, then to Lugano (Bernina) like the time is 8:32 am at 4 June is reservation compulsory. Then direct to the seat reservation, it shows that “Seat reservation not possible”. All the trains from Chur to Tirano on the same day also same. What is it mean? Was it full already?

Thank you for your assistance.

Irene

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 May 2016 at 12:27:25 #851675

Hi Irene,

That train is indeed the Bernina Express and it does require reservations. I just tried the link under “More on other websites” on myswissalps.com/ berninaexpress/ tickets. That one seems to work fine for June 4. Can you try that option?

• The thread ‘Seat reservation on scenic trains’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.