Seat reservations made by travel agent.

Seat reservations made by travel agent.

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
ememte
ememte
1 post
Aug 12, 2014 - 9:42 AM

Hello, We are travelling on the Golden Pass line in a few weeks, leaving from Montreux at 9.44am. We have 1st class Eurail pass and our travel agent was supposed to make seat reservations, which I am trying to understand. We are on train 3118, coach 11, seats 15/16 from Montreux, but I now understand we change trains in Zweisimmen - do our seat reservations carry over to that train too? Our ticket just says its from Montreux to Interlaken Ost. Also we are on train 2223, coach 4, seats 171/173 from Interlaken to Lucerne - from what I have researched, this looks to be a 2nd class coach. Has our travel agent got it wrong? we wanted the panoramic coach from Interlaken to Lucerne. Thank you

Arno
Arno
7342 posts
expert &
Aug 13, 2014 - 6:07 AM

Hi ememte,

As for Montreux to Interlaken: if your reservation states the whole route from Montreux to Interlaken, then you have reserved seats in both trains. Basically these two trains are just one train in the timetable, with the same number (3118). The only reason you have to change in Zweisimmen is because the railway changes from narrow gauge to normal gauge there. Through trains will be available soon.

As for Interlaken to Lucerne: I don't know which coaches are 1st or 2nd class. Normally, all coaches have panoramic windows, but you best check again with your travel agent to be sure about the class.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016