St. Moritz to Maienfeld and Bernina Express

St. Moritz to Maienfeld and Bernina Express

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
europe2016
europe2016
6 posts
Aug 14, 2016 - 2:17 PM

We will be in St Moritz in October with reservations on the Berninia Express to Lugano. Can we go from St. Moritz to Maienfeld, see what's to be seen in Heidiland and make the Berninia Express to Lugano still worth it? The train timetable seems to indicate it would be possible If we left @ 7:57 we would be there at 10:42 with a single change in Chur. There are trains every hour out of Maienfeld for St. Moritz. The question is whether we can get the Berninia Express. Thanks.

Arno
Arno
7707 posts
expert &
Aug 14, 2016 - 2:54 PM

Hi europe2016, welcome to MySwissAlps!

I'm not sure if I understood your question, but you can sure do both. These are two completely different day trips.

europe2016
europe2016
6 posts
Aug 15, 2016 - 12:31 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks for your response. Let me see if I can clarify my question. We will arrive in St Moritz late in the day via the Glacier Express. We leave the next day via the Berninia Express for Lugano. Can we instead of seeing the sites in St. Moritz go to Maienfeld, see the Heidi sites and then catch the Berninia Express for Lugano out of St. Moritz, or is that asking too much? Thanks.

Arno
Arno
7707 posts
expert &
Aug 17, 2016 - 3:57 PM in reply to europe2016

Hi europe2016,

The Bernina Express departs 9:30. You can possibly depart 1 or 2 hours later by taking a regular train, but you still won't have time for anything more than a local stroll around the lake or so.

All details are here: myswissalps.com/ berninaexpress.

Have fun!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016